SANDON HALL ICE HOUSE
Sandon Hall ice house is situated just south of Sandon Church in the grounds of Sandon Hall.
It was built in around 1780 and is set into an earthen mound facing roughly north. The front has ashlar blocks and is topped with a moulded reveal and is surmounted with a stone urn shaped feature.
It is brick lined with a short corridor and a single inside door frame (no door) and it looks like the ‘pit’ in not filled in.
It has been refurbished as a photograph taken at the beginning of this century shows a rather dilapidated structure, but this is a very nice ice house.